Trekking in the Manaslu Region & Tsum Valley
Title: Trekking in the Manaslu Region & Tsum Valley
Subtitle: Tsum valley
Author: Lopsang Chhiring Lama, Sonam Lama, Bob Gibbons and Sian Pritchard-Jones
Bound: Soft Cover
‘Probably the first Comprehensive & Fascinating Pictorial Guide Book on Manaslu Region and Tsum Valley’
Himalayan Map House is delighted to announce the publication of the most awaited book for the first time with visual delights on Manaslu Region & Tsum Valley, situated along the ancient and revered pilgrimage of Beyul Kyimolung “the hidden valleys of happiness”.
This unique pictorial guide book is the result of more than two years long painstaking but productive collaboration between Himalayan Map House and Lopsang Chhiring Lama and Sonam Lama, a passionate photographer and an emerging author, who are native to these secret and sacred Himalayan valleys recently being exposed to the modern world. They have attempted to introduce their place with their more than 3 dozens of rigorous walking experiences back and forth from their childhood. The photographs and documentation cover important places of Manaslu circuit and from the valley of Tsum. This booming trekking route starts from the altitude of a mere 600m of Arughat to the highest passes above 5000m such as the Larke La and Ngu La.
The book with high-quality photographs in true colors also provides more authentic and reliable information about the Manaslu and Tsum Valley for the intrepid trekkers, pilgrims, trekking agencies, guides and anyone interested in the Manaslu region and Tsum Valley. The author takes great advantage of photographs to illustrate the diverse life style of different ethnic group, their deep respect to different religions, unique festivals and centuries old tradition.
The “Trekking in the Manaslu Region & Tsum Valley” pictorially presents:
- 421 Magnificient full color photographs of Manaslu and Tsum Valley with exciting description
- Photographs of the intact architectural heritage, traditional architecture, unique festivals, mysterious rites and rituals of the region
- Day by day route description with the exclusive side trips within the region
- Practical information with the background history of the Manaslu & Tsum Valley
- Records of regions’ rich bio-diversity; Flowers, Herbs, Butterflies, Birds and Wildlife
- Ancient yet ever changing Manaslu and Tsum
- Complete published package for Manaslu and Tsum Valley trekking